Saturday, September 22, 2007

True love refuses to die

If she loved me she would say so. If she didn't she could say so. Since neither is happening, she doesn't know. I am going to see her last mail again. Is it that I just don't want to believe that she doesn't love me? 'Cause the last time I got her email it was pretty clear to me she didn't. And now I just want to think good things that don't exist.

I read her last mail and I'm struck by how self-satisfied she sounded. True, she has everything. She doesn't need me. And she can say it quite politely too, like: "Thank you for being a friend. And please don't try to get in touch with me again."

So sweet and yet so hurting.

A friend? That's wonderful. I did hope for more. But at least a friend I was. And she is thankful for it. So sweet. But what comes after is just the opposite, which makes you doubt the sincerity of what was said before. Please don't try to get in touch with me again?

What on earth does that mean?

The mail is dated Jul 7, 2007 9:54 AM. Today it's Sept 22, 2007. True love refuses to die.

No comments: