Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Like the many

My eyelids lifted
My heart still beating
My breathing laboured
My blood still flowing

Where are you when I need you
How could you leave me and go
Leave me to face it all alone
What were you thinking

I can't see too far
Can't hear too much
Is this how it will end
For myself left to fend

Thought there was a beating heart
Pumped not just blood but love
Thought there were beautiful eyes
Saw not form but pain beneath

Numbered are the breaths I take
Kindness from you I wish to see
Before it ends I wished to make
Love from you a reality

But what have I
But a fool's abode
Never ever comes true
Never ever comes close

I will end
Like the many
Unknown, unwanted
Uncared for

There is no justice
In life and in love
Thought you would be the rarity
Sent for me from up above

No comments: