Saturday, March 22, 2008

Midnight Express

I am watching the movie Midnight Express. It's nearing the end. It's about an American who ends up in a Turkish prison. The things he says and goes through are so much like what I say and go through. Just before watching the movie I said that in this place people are animals, not people, and I will tell it to their faces before I leave. And what a coincidence, two hours after I said it, the protagonist in the movie calls all turks pigs in the court where his original sentence for 4 years or so was being lengthened to 30 years for no just reason. Right now he is in a mental prison with "criminally insane" people like himself. Back to watching...

Reading my previous posts its clear I am on the brink of insanity, and I suspect people see me as totaly insane. Maybe I am, can a mad person say the difference? I'm going to put some hope into my life.

Billy Hayes killed the prison warden during one of his torture sessions, quite by accident. Then he wore the warden's uniform and got out of prison, crossed the border into Greece and later went back to America. And its a true story. considering the parallels with my own life, it proves that truth is stranger than fiction. Also, a lot more common.

My 10 years in the country has been pure hell. It is just like a prison term. At least I know that for sure now.

Also how he found the customs in Turkey and their way of life absolutely disgusting. How no one in Turkey could be trusted, which was common knowledge. Exactly how I find Chennai.

No comments: